Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Life, Interrupted.

We plan our days, weeks, months in advance never knowing what tomorrow has in store for us. Well, my tomorrow had my mothers nagging headache turn out to be a subarachnoid hemorrhage stroke. Needless to say, everything in my life was put on pause. But rewind just a bit. In May, the weekend after Mother's Day, we get a call that my husbands father suffered a full cardiac arrest for an unknown amount of time, and a heart attack. This consumed us for the rest of the month of May and beginning of June. Driving to LA to make hospital visits, calling for test results, etc. Then near the end of June, my Mom had a headache she complained of. It worried me and I urged her to go to the dr. That was a Thursday. She still had it come Monday so she finally went to the dr. He didn't think it was life threatening, but ordered a CT scan for her the following day anyway. Well, I didn't like the sound of it. I don't think it's life threatening but....so I drove from Palmdale, to Tehachapi to take my Mom to Bakersfield to get checked out. I just didn't want her driving. Thank God is all I can say. She was in no condition to drive. She could hardly stand or walk. Long story short, get her to Kaiser, they transport her to hospital, CT scan, bleeding, blood too thin for surgery she needs, thicken blood, invasive brain surgery almost 2 days later, major recovery, physically and mentally, she's almost back 100% just waiting on the piece of skull to be replaced! So both our parents almost died within a months time! Thank you God for however much more time you have given them to us for! We are so grateful!

In the meanwhile, everything else went to the wayside. Thank you Palmdale Fitness Club for understanding my situation and allowing me to start my membership fresh as of now!


I was studying to become a Certified Personal Trainer through NASM and during all of this I allowed my course to expire before taking the exam! I lost so many months of time dealing with our parents, I didn't know what to do. I could not afford to pay for the 6 month extension. So, I contacted them as well and they so graciously extended my course by 3 months! So, I'm back in the gym and back to my studies (and homeschooling my daughter for Kindergarten while my 3 year old terrorizes us, lol) but I'm so thankful and so blessed! Hopefully soon I will be posting pics of my amazing transformation and new haute body! Until then, I will try to keep the posts regular. It's study time! Then bedtime! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment