Sunday, September 11, 2011

On Track!

Yesterday I went to see Deborah compete in the IFBB Tournament of Champions Pro Figure. During this competition I also got a glimpse at some of the NPC Bikini competitors. Afterwards I had Deborah look at me in person (in my undies so I couldn't hide anything) and she said I'm looking good! She thinks we have plenty of time to get me looking great. I was nervous looking at some of the girls on stage. I don't want to be up there unless I look really great! I don't want to jiggle, lol. I hope I'm not too nervous because it seems like it can make you shaky. The judge told the girls it was very important to stick to 3 poses. Only ONE of them did. They all did 4 or more! I have a feeling they practiced many poses at home and were so nervous they didn't know how to cut back or forget what they had practiced! So, I'm only practicing 4 poses. 3 main poses and 1 just in case they want 4. And working on a cute wave, dip and goodbye, lol

I've been doing this already because eating just plain tuna wasn't easy! It does make a huge difference and taste so much better this way! Nicole Duncan's Fit Tip of the Day - Tuna Salad!

I also saw this healthy recipe idea for a romantic dinner for two. Seems like it tastes pretty good!

Sautéed Cod with Heirloom Tomatoes and Sweet Anise:


Servings: 2
Ingredients
- 2 filets of cod (approx .6 oz combined)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup of chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped anise bulb
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped anise fronds (top part of anise, sprig-like)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- safflower oil
- optional: 1/2 can of slices black olives
Directions:
In a small to medium bowl, combine heirloom tomatoes, anise bulbs and 1 Tbsp fronds, vinegar, olive oil and pepper. Put aside.

In a medium sauté pan, heat safflower oil on medium heat. Sprinkle coriander on both sides of filet, and place on pan (optional- add olives). Cook fish on each side for approximately 3 minutes, until cooked through.

Place each filet on a plate, top with tomato/anise mixture. Garnish with 1/2 Tbsp of fronds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 5g
Total Fat 4 grams
Saturated Fat 0 grams
Trans Fat 0 grams
Cholesterol 56 milligrams
Sodium 250 milligrams
Total Carbohydrate 4 grams
Dietary Fiber 2 grams
Sugars 1 grams
Protein 26 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment